Team Captain, Roberta with Co-Captain Karen

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day Two: 6.25 miles



Well, my phone ran out of juice before I got home, so it didn't track the entire run. You can click here to see the track. I did the Big-ass Hill run, but only went about halfway up Big-ass Hill cuz I needed to be home by 8.



The highlight: a great blue heron springing into flight across the golf course pond, and a VISHUS DEER (below) from about 6 feet away. Temp was perfect.



Lowlights: my back was killing me at the end. This will be my biggest problem during the walk. And running down the Proctor trail, there was nothing but poison oak on the hillside, both uphill and downhill. I felt like I couldn't help but inhale poison oak molecules.

I ran behind Mr Tinydik's house. Here's what the back of his poolhouse looks like:


From this point, I am ascending the big-ass hill behind the golf course:


Only $2279 to go!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Cap'n!
    Picked up $220 yesterday ... and I think 3.day is transfering the other donations to my SF account ...
    Team Bloggers now officially has $261! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked at Tinydik's poolhouse.
    What? Are you kidding me? That's bigger than Chateau Harris.
    duhr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! We'll have to get together for a training walk. I want to introduce you to my cousin Joette who's also walking with us.

    ReplyDelete