Team Captain, Roberta with Co-Captain Karen

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 11: 472,440.945 inches

I ran 12K today, the equivalent of 7.42 miles. Piece of cake, except for the waking up early part. In my age group, I was 750th of 1836, solidly in the middle of the pack.




The last time I got up this early to do physical exercise was circa 1984 or so -- the last time I ran the B2B -- good practice for the 60-mile.

We also walked a lot after the race, for a total of 12 miles.

Most of you know I have Rice Krispies knees (they go snap crackle and pop and hurt a lot), and you're probably wondering how I do it. This is the answer: kinesiology tape. In my favorite color. I apply it, then do an elastic bandage on top of that. Makes a huge diff.



This is the Rocktape brand. It seems to adhere better/longer than other brands. Comes in many colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment