Team Captain, Roberta with Co-Captain Karen

Saturday, July 10, 2010

JULY 9: 6 miles

I took the plunge and cut out an area of my pink NBs to accomodate my bunion:


Alas, although the MTP joint is pain-free, I experienced the old pain running up the big toe today. So I reeeeally hope the custom orthotic will help. 

Poison Oak is turning red all over the park: 


It's quite pretty. Look but don't touch!


One thing that really pisses me off is the trend of dog owners in the park going to the trouble of bagging Rover's waste, but then leaving the bag on the trail. WTF?




I saw one vishus deer, and a pretty moth who was a very accomodating model:




Today's ascent: 1922 ft.
Today's descent: 1875 ft.

I'm going to try a long walk tomorrow, maybe a 10-miler.



2 comments:

  1. Really, bagging the poop and leaving it? It seems around here people just let their dogs poop on the sidewalk and walk away. When it gets hot, Dixon *stinks.*

    Tell you what, over-the-counter orthotics helped my back pain, but my big toe is going numb...it's a puzzle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you may or mayen't know ... I have an arthritic big toe ... and when the arthritis kicks in I'm-a-limpin. Maybe I'll take a trip to the orthopedist this week .. now that I don't have a million things to do.

    ReplyDelete